Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"The Triumphal Entry"

MORNING PRAYER- Lord God, send your Holy Spirit to be the guide of all my ways and the sanctifier of my soul and body.  Save, defend, and build me up in your love, through Christ my Lord. Amen.

Psalm 119:49-72, Deuteronomy 9:13-21, Hebrews 3:12-19, John 2:22-3:15

God has shown that what He says will come to pass no matter what, and no matter who tries to stop that from happening. Why not trust in someone whose will is as perfect as this? I trust in Him because His disciples always "found things just as Jesus had told them." (Mark 14: 16) This is another constant display of Jesus throughout the Bible; everytime Jesus told someone what it would be like, or what they were about to find, they found it to be EXACTLY how He said it would be. It was never slightly to the left, or just a little different, always exact.

I have had to read the Triumphal Entry everyday this week, and I have imagined and pictured it a million and seven different ways. None of my ways would be special enough of course, but the thing that sticks out in to me the most in that story is how Jesus told the disciples what to look for in the city and how things would play out. He even told them what to say to the owner if they were asked why they were doing. Even cooler, is their willingness and their faith in Him in that they asked absolutely no questions. I want to be more like them. I question God a lot more than I will ever admit, but He is changing that. I don't have much to say today, but here is some very important scripture:

"I have considered my ways
and have turned my steps to your
statues.
I will hasten and not delay
to obey your commands.
Though the wicked bind me with ropes,
I will not forget your law.
At midnight I rise to give you thanks
for your righteous laws.
I am a friend to all who fear you,
to all who follow your precepts.
The earth is filled with your love,
O LORD;
teach me your decrees."
-Psalm 119:58-64

Its awesome that He allows us to "consider" our ways, especially because He holds all power in His hands, and needs none of us. He chooses to wait for us, and allows us to make mistakes. This was good for me, as I said in my last post, because it makes my praise that much deeper (not deeper than anyone else's, just deeper in general........deeper in my heart, you know what I mean).

"It was good for me to be afflicted
so that I might learn your decrees.
The law from your mouth is more
precoius to me
than thousands of pieces of silver
and gold."
-Psalm 119:71-72

Maybe it looked something like this:


Live today so that we may be a part of something of this kind of Glory one day!! Love.

EVENING PRAYER-- Father, grant me forgiveness of what is past, that in the days to come I may with a pure spirit, do your will-- walking humbly with you, showing love to all, and keeping body and soul in sanctification and honor, in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: