Thursday, March 31, 2011

"There is no bloom without Him"

MORNING PRAYER--
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your Name,
your kingdom come, your will be donw, on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial, and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for
ever. Amen.

Psalm 42, Jeremiah 10:11-24, Romans 5:12-21, John 8:21-32

Even with the amount of tiredness I have been experiencing this week, the thing that has been on my mind constantly, a little bit more than 100% of the time is the amount of grace God's love has continously given me. Even when my day is going horribly and before I get out of the bed in the morning I'm thinking of a million reasons why I shouldn't go to class, I start to think about how good it is to even be able to be in my right mind, despite my sins. How good it is to wake up period. How good it is to have the comfy bed that I have. How good it is to see another day that I could never dream to deserve. How good it is to have the option of going to school, or to work, at all. Despite my sins, God allows me to enjoy more than the simple commodities of life. That is crazy to me.

"The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin icreased, grace increased all the more, so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 5:20-21

The very next chapter in Romans tells us that just because we are given grace doesn't mean we should continue to sin. How many times  have I acted sinfully because of this fact! I have said to myself a million times, 'God will forgive me as long as I tell Him what I did later.' or, 'as long as I confess my sins to Him, I will be forgiven.' This is exactly what He tells us not to do. I am knowingly sinning against Him. It doesn't matter what I plan to do later. What if later never comes, then what? Being taught to live life in the moment, while still leading a responsible life is a lesson I'm sure I will be learning for the rest of it, but it's well beyond worth it. There are so many more things to enjoy in life and so much more time to enjoy it when you are sober, even moreso when you are living in/through Christ.

Last night in bible study we talked about a relationship with Christ. God does not only want us to serve, love and obey Him, He invites us and desires that we have relationship with Him. So, just as He disciplines as a Father, so too does He love as a Father:

"Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knowck. If anyone hears my coice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."  Revelation 3:19-20

What in the world does Christ have to gain from being in a relationship with me?? Not one thing, but it isn't about what He has to gain, because there is nothing I have that He needs, but He does this all for the good of His children, for me. He puts His neck on the chopping block and gives me the axe every single day..... and even though He has to regenerate every couple hours, He never ceases. What a God we serve.

EVENING PRAYER-- My Lord and my God, you see my heart; and my desires are not hidden from you. I am encouraged and strengthened by your goodness to me today. I want to be yours and yours alone. O my God, my Savior, my Sanctifier, hear me, help me, and show mercy to me for Jesus Christ's sake. Amen.

No comments: