Monday, March 14, 2011

"Lead Me"

MORNING PRAYER-- Almighty God, to you all hearts are open, all desires known, and all secrets exposed; cleanase the thoughts of my heart by the inspiration of your Holy Spirit, that I may perfectly love you and worthily magnify your holy name, through Jesus Christ my Lord, Amen.

Psalm 41, Deuteronomy 8: 11-20, Hebrews 2: 11-18, John 2: 1-12

God continues to lead me, not only through his Word and daily meditations like the ones above, but through other people. He provides us with so many examples at every second of everyday to His glory, whether its through other people, or the beauty in nature, or within some type of miracle of mass proportions. He has a cool way of always letting us know He is here. Sometimes, it happens through someone else's testimony within their disbelief that they have come to such a place where God is the ultimate presence in their life, and their eyes fill with tears at the realization that He was with them all along. He fills my days with joy, even when its raining outside, or even when situations and circumstances seem to want to put me in a low place. He is always there.

"As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more."  Psalm 71: 14

We see the reason Jesus is so aware and able to know that we, as humans, may need this type of prodding in Hebrews 2(listed above). Although He was made into human form for many other reasons, one of the reasons was so that He could help us as we are tempted, by bringing  Himself low and paying the ultimate sacrifice. To think that He could have easily been content with sitting up in Heaven with his Father, and just allow us to kill each other makes the facts even more amazing. God made His Son to be in the likeness of man, for our benefit. I don't deserve even a millisecond of consideration from Christ, but He gives me more than just a millisecond.

He wants to lead me to Him. What reasons could this world EVER give me to do otherwise.

EVENING PRAYER-- Be present, O God, and protect us through the silent hours of this night, so that we who are wearied by the changes of this fleeting world may rest in your eternal changlessness, in the name of Christ, I pray. Amen.


It's a beautiful day.

No comments: